Hope you are all doing well. I absolutely have to share some stuff with you.
A lot of the cool stuff which is currently happening is a little bit behind-the-scenes-stuff and not yet visible to everyone. It’s all preparation for June and July. I will try to share it without spoiler.
- The units from the last batch were shipped to testers and test labs all around the globe. As expected - the units are doing a great job - no new findings so large batch manufacturing starts now! I mean NOW. yes. NOW! Isn’t this awesome?
- The team will fly over to China, the improvements to the test-stations-software were successfully tested in Switzerland (Mainly efficiency improvements) Kevin and team will upgrade all China stations immediately when he arrives so daily high volume production can begin
- The BETA team is very, very active. Tons of daily interactions, bug reports and fast fixes. All members of the BETA team - chosen members and NEEO staff - who are participating are just awesome. I check the activities daily and love the way things go and the way you guys help each other. Thank you for being awesome! Special thanks for the guys who have spontaneously donated for this month coffee!
- Finally I met a community manager who I trust to be the perfect fit. You will all get to know Patrick in June/July. He is... a.w.e.s.o.m.e!
- At the same time you will also get to know a new planet. Less cryptic (and more) info on this will follow.
- More exciting stuff: 3 weeks ago the NEEO SDK was published for coders who have a BETA unit. Amazing things like devices implementations, samples and documentations started to appear just hours after the coders got access to it. This is going to be extremely powerful. And it is ready today - which means from day one when you guys get your units, the coders among you will by able to create and connect all sort of things.
- Software is improving very fast, thanks to the hard working developers and the BETA team. Version 37.2 was published and improved things nicely. The next major update is planned for this week. I have tested several in-between-versions and it’s promising. New, more advanced NEEO Link with encryption updates, lot’s of bug fixes, UX improvements, stability improvements and even better black level for the display.
- We have just secured a significant amount of additional working capital - ramping up into very high numbers of units needs a lot of cash and securing funds is always a challenge for a young company. This is a bit off-topic but I just wanted to share so you know I’m working too 😉 It’s not directly linked to your reward or so but of course everyone benefits from a overall healthy development of the company.