I hope you had spent some quality time with your friends and families over the holidays.
We have been working in London, California, Las Vegas, China, Germany and Switzerland. The heavy travelling was worth it. Let’s dive right into it:
We had spend some intense time in China setting up the entire manufacturing line with all the BLT and FST adapters and all peripheral devices. All the BLT adapters have been integrates into the line and also into our contract manufacturers cloud solution. All done and works perfectly and is approved. In case you don’t remember what BLT is: here is the link
Congrats and thank you Kevin and team for the great work in China!
The team also progressed well with the integration of the FST adapters. There are a couple of hurdles there but we know how to overcome them. The engineers in China get great support from the guys in Switzerland and there is not too much left.
Additionally we found one issue with some docking stations that were not passing our tight tolerances and lost some time there fixing this. We do have the solution by now though. There was a small impact - but in general every issue that we find is good so the risk that we will ever be slowed down later on due to such issues is much smaller. We want to build tens of thousands of units shortly and need to make sure “the machine” works perfectly. We accept very little compromise there. We want everyone to be amazed with the built quality.
End of this month:
At the end of the month the remaining guys in China will come back to Switzerland and finalise some FST integration tasks while in China the entire country is pretty much on hold due to Chinese new year.
Just after that - in early February - we will return to China and finalize the last remaining tasks that need to be done on-site.
Right after that the entire production line should be ready for production. We will make a couple of hundred units, quickly verify that everything is good and then make a couple of thousand units.
As soon as those units are in the plane to your continent we will announce shipping. It is damn close..
We are currently heavily testing a stable release that might be 98% of what V1.0 will be. There are a couple of fixes and features we still want to get in there - but anyways if we would have to freeze it today - it would be OK. It's stable and feels good. We still have a very long backlog of ideas and features we want to build of course but at some point soon we will have to freeze it for V1.0.
PS: Good news: We got the approval from the Apple App Store for the iOS app. You wont be able to see it though as it’s currently not public.